All-on-4 Dental Implants
Are you missing all your teeth or are you about to? Or do you have a loose fitting denture? Having your teeth taken out is scary! What will my denture look like? Will I be able to eat? The truth is that people who have dentures can eat at about 30% of the efficiency that people with real teeth can. Dentures move, slip, rock, they can fall when you eat sticky foods. But thanks to advances in dental technology, Dr. Gilreath and Dr. Nezafat can offer you a new, reliable alternative. This is called an “All on 4” denture. This procedure uses 4 dental implants per jaw and a modified denture. The denture is held in using the implants and this gives you far more stability, allowing you to eat more things without the denture moving, slipping or rocking. No glues or adhesives needed! The result is a complete new smile that you’ll be so proud of and just as important, have faith in because it is permanently locked into place with no slipping or moving for better fit, function and appearance.
How does it work?
The “All on 4™″ technique is a solution for fixed (non removable) oral rehabilitation. It is recommended for patients who either have already lost all of their original adult teeth or are about to. So, if you wear or anticipate that you need full dentures, you could be a great candidate for All-on-4™ dental implants.The procedure itself is fairly simple. Dr. Gilreath or Dr. Nezafat will remove all of your old and failing teeth while you are under sedation, provided by an actual Anesthesiologist in our office. Then the doctors will place four titanium dental implants into the upper and/or lower jaw, depending on whether you need only one arch or both dental arches replaced. This is done using a very precise guide made exclusively for you. Dr. Gilreath and Dr. Nezafat use “Surgical Guides” to precisely position the implants. These guides are made by our office after the doctors plan the case using the latest digital technology. This approach has great benefits:
- Allows the doctors to avoid all vital oral structures, such as the nerve canal in the lower jaw and sinus cavity in the upper jaw.
- Gives the doctors the EXACT angulation and depth of the implant without having to “guess”.
- Makes the surgery much faster for the patient.
By eliminating the need for bone grafting surgery, the “All-on-4” not only provides patients with a very direct route to oral rehabilitation – one that takes a single day instead of up to 18 months – but it also saves them tens of thousands of dollars on medical bills!
How does All on 4 compare to having individual implants for every tooth?
- All on 4 only requires four implants per jaw (as opposed 6, 8 or even 10 per jaw).
- All on 4 only requires a single surgery.
- All on 4 typically avoids the need for bone grafting during surgery.
- All on 4 typically has a much higher success rate.
- All on 4 can usually be completed in a single day.
- All on 4 can save patients patients tens of thousands of dollars while providing a similar, beautiful and highly function result.
How does All on 4 compare to regular dentures?
All on 4 is without a doubt the best solution for people needing to wear dentures. This is why Dr. Gilreath and Dr. Nezafat always recommend the “All-on-4™″ solution for their patients who need a denture. With this advanced technique for fixed oral rehabilitation, you need never worry about:
- Your teeth slipping around or falling out
- What you eat – sticky, hard, chewy–with the “All-on-4™″ you can eat what you want
- A bulky denture that makes you gag
- Decreased taste due to bulky dentures
- Sore and sensitive gums
- The need to use messy adhesives, glue, and cleaning solutions
- Being anxious that you might have a denture accident during a social situation
- Unnatural looking dentures
All-on-4™ dental implants typically provide a one time, long term solution to tooth loss caused by (gum) disease or rampant decay. They look, function and feel like natural teeth and support the health of the underlying jaw bone.
If you have been considering either dental implants or dentures for restoring your smile, All-on-4 dentures may be the right solution for you. Contact our office in Marietta to schedule a restorative dental consultation to learn about all the options available.