Invisalign® Frequently Asked Questions
Are you interested in Invisalign® but still have questions? No problem, as we have answers. We have put together answers to some of the most common questions we hear at Gilreath Family Dentistry when patients are inquiring about Invisalign®. We want to help you learn more about this innovative option in orthodontics.
We hear this a lot. The truth is that Invisalign can work in just about any situation. The dentist doing the treatment needs to be skilled enough to make it work. There are a few situations that make Invisalign more challenging such as many missing teeth or only having anterior teeth. But Dr. Gilreath can determine the best treatment for you.
Invisalign uses constant light pressure to move teeth so it seldom is uncomfortable. But for those with more sensitive teeth, typically an Advil or Tylenol is all that is needed for a day. The process happens quickly because with Invisalign, unlike with metal braces, we only move the teeth we need to, not every tooth. So the process happens very quickly.
As stated before, Invisalign is a treatment, just like a crown, filling or cleaning. As such, the results are dependent on the skill set of the provider. Dr. Gilreath has taken two years of orthodontic CE from the prestigious Gnathos Orthodontic Academy and many more hours of CE for Invisalign. He’s also lectured and taught other dentists about his processes.
Yes, he can! Please call us for a free consultation!
Yes, but please call soon! Typical treatment time is about 6-8 months. There are some tricks to moving quicker, but of course, the sooner you start, the better.
Yes, it will! Here are some examples…
- Time for a snack? No problem. Take out your aligners to eat or drink whenever you want.
- Since Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, chances are no one will even notice anything is different!
- You can take out your Invisalign aligners, so you can brush and floss just like normal, and keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- You really don’t change a thing. Continue your day-to-day activities while still straightening your teeth.
- You can occasionally remove your Invisalign aligners and enjoy a special night out or a special event, like photographs, a date etc.
- You talk and smile like normal. Nothing changes!
- Invisalign appointments work with your schedule. Most visits are in and out, with a quick progress check once every six weeks.
If you have any other questions or are ready to come in for an Invisalign® consultation, contact our team at Gilreath Family Dentistry.