Your Crown Is Ready
Have you been told you need a crown? Are you postponing this necessary dental procedure because you dread the process of getting a crown? There is good news for you in regards to the way technology has changed the process of getting a dental crown. No longer do patients have to make multiple visits to their dentist and endure goopy impressions. There is no need to even wear temporary crowns while your permanent one is being made anymore. CEREC® has revolutionized cosmetic and restorative dentistry and is the most advanced CAD/CAM technology available today. Many dentists are utilizing CEREC® to give patients the opportunity to have their crowns ready in one single office visit. By using a 3D virtual image of your tooth, dentists can custom fit your dental crown immediately.
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over your existing tooth. The crown covers the tooth to restore its shape and size and can restore a tooth’s strength as well. Your recommendation to get a crown put on may be cosmetic or restorative. A crown can be used for any of following reasons:
• To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
• To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
• To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
• To hold a dental bridge in place
• To cover misshaped or severely discolored teeth
• To cover a dental implant
• To make a cosmetic modification
Whatever your reason for getting a crown, you no longer have to endure a long or drawn out process to get the dental treatment you need. Seek out a dentist, such as Gilreath Dental Associates, that uses the advanced technology of CEREC® to give you the convenient and state-of-the-art dental care you deserve.
Posted on behalf of Dr. Paul Gilreath IV, Gilreath Dental Associates