Congratulations on starting your Invisalign Treatment! We want this to be a great experience for you. Please follow these instructions and you will have a great outcome!!
- The biggest thing we stress is that Invisalign trays must be worn at least 22 hrs each day with no more than 40 minutes out. If trays are worn any less than 22 hrs each day, movement will not occur as projected.
- Before reaching the last set of trays, please make sure you have an appointment set up to pick up more trays as we are currently booked 3-4 weeks out.
- Please change your aligners every 7 days, as long as your teeth are “tracking” correctly. This is explained below.
- CHEWIES: Use 3x/day for 20 minutes for the first 3 days after aligner change!
This is CRUCIAL for success: Use your chewies for 3x a day for 20 minutes for the first 3 days after the aligner change to help to seat the aligner. You bite into the chewies a few times and then bite down on and hold them in place for a few minutes. You can do two at a time. Here’s how: With your aligners in place, hold one chewie in each hand between your thumb and index finger. Position them in the front teeth area. Bite up and down 10 times, then bite down and hold them in place for 5 minutes. Put pressure on the chewie. Then reposition them around the canine area and do the same thing. Then position them in the molar area and do the same thing. Have a second set of chewies in your car and at work. If you are able, chew on them. It will make your treatment go much smoother and faster!
- Aligners are made so that EVERY tooth should fit perfectly into them at the end of the wear period. Consequently, at the end of your 7 days, if there are ANY spaces between any tooth and the aligner that can’t be eliminated with chewies after 48 hours, please go back to the previous aligner and wear it another week and then try to advance again. If the aligner still isn’t tracking after that, please give us a call and stay in your old aligner. DO NOT ADVANCE. This is CRITICAL for success.
- When you go to your next aligner, soak the previous trays in hydrogen peroxide for 10 minutes, dry them and put them back in their zip bag. KEEP ALL YOUR PREVIOUSLY WORN TRAYS.
- It is normal for fresh aligners to fit tightly and apply pressure to your teeth. This pressure should lessen as you wear each step.
- Contact us if you experience any fitting issues.
- Remove the aligners to eat. However, you can drink cold or warm liquids with the aligners in. Avoid colored or hot liquids.
- If you drink something sugary, please rinse your mouth with water. Brush and floss after every meal to prevent food and drinks from getting trapped under the aligner.
- It is normal to speak with a slight lisp while your tongue adjusts to the aligners— this usually goes away within a few days.
- You may experience dry mouth. Drink plenty of water.
- Store aligners in the provided case.
- Advance to the next step when directed by your doctor via the MONITORING PAGE. (more below).
- Keep aligners away from pets (they love to chew on them)
- If you suspect an adverse reaction to wearing them, discontinue use and consult your doctor.
We use virtual monitoring to help keep you on track. This is done using your smart phone and a webpage. No download or APP is needed. You simply take pictures of your teeth (as shown on the page) and upload them to the page along with some other info. Dr. Gilreath will evaluate your progress and get back to you within one day to let you know how to proceed.
You can find the webpage at https://gporthotracking.com/gilreath-aligner-tracking
or by using the QR CODE